It's been 62 days since my last blog post, which - admittedly - is a rather lousy lacuna. But I think I have some good excuses. Highlights from the last 62 days:
- 31 days of mostly just getting by while many of my clients went through the it's-almost-a-new-fiscal-year-and-I'm-out-of-money phase. This was a period of personal distress and rumination. Highlight: anagnorisis - I better grow my writing business and do it quick!
- Approximately 29 days of launching a new company, Busy Burrow Supply Co. I've loved drinking fine loose leaf teas for several years, but never in a million thought I'd be a retailer. Well, now I am. Seriously though, our white mulberry tea is a top-shelf product, and I wouldn't be behind it if I thought otherwise. [Shameless Amazon Link here]
- Took a wonderful one-year anniversary trip to Asheville, NC with the lovely Mrs. Richardson. It was the first of many annual reminders of why we chose to get married in mid-October (i.e. why go anywhere at all in January?).
- [I think I can say that] I've been in talks with Marketo and will be writing an eBook for them this fall, which I'm very excited about. Ever since I started my career with a writing agency I've considered Marketo to be like the Barry Bonds (sans steroids) of B2B content writing. Now I'm supposed to pinch hit? ... exciting, thrilling, etc.
- I'm very excited to be working on an essay for Nashville's newest - or is that only? - literary journal without academic affiliation. The journal is Julep , and based on what I've heard about the other contributors' pieces, I'm 99% sure the first issue will knock your socks off.
We'll cut there, with the aim of keeping it brief. Hopefully this blog will stay at least somewhat active between now and Christmas, but as I focus on launching Busy Burrow and keeping up with my clients... eh... no promises for ol' CopyPoetCopy!